Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Toggle Navigation Menu
Rain in the morning sunrise in the Quad

Student Employment

Linfield University's human resources and career development offices are great resources for finding employment. Career development hosts Cat Connect, a one-stop online resource for on-campus and off-campus employment, internships, networking and more!

Have you been awarded a financial aid award for campus employment or federal work-study?

If so, the Office of Human Resources is your primary point of contact; read on for more information.
If you don't know if you have a financial aid award, log on to WebAdvisor, or contact the Office of Financial Aid at 503-883-2225 or

Looking for student employment? It's as easy as 1-2-3!

  1. Look at available positions on Cat Connect!
    • Sign in using your CatNet ID and password. If you're a current student, you are already registered; DO NOT create a new account.
    • Hover over the purple “Jobs” tab and selecting "Cat Connect-Linfield Approved Postings."
    • Search by "Position Type" to narrow your results and click "Search."
  2. Apply for something that's of interest to you! Be sure you have a current resume and cover letter; you'll need it when you apply for a position.
    • Apply for the position by following the instructions in the job description or email the main contact if instructions aren't listed.
    • If you have a Financial Aid Award, you are eligible to apply for jobs listed as "Student Employment On-Campus" and "Student Employment Off-Campus."
  3. Complete a Student Employment Referral Form that can be obtained from Human Resources in Melrose 109. Once you've been offered and accept a position, work with your supervisor to complete the referral form. Please note that one Student Employment Referral Form is required for every job on campus; referral forms expire at the end of each academic year.

    Found a Job? If you've worked on campus in the past, simply return the completed Student Employment Referral Form to Human Resources (Melrose 109).  If this is your first job on campus, complete the following items immediately and bring them, along with your completed Student Employment Referral Form, to Human Resources (Melrose 109) so that you can start working.
    • Form I-9 Examples of acceptable identification needed for this form are listed on the last page of this document.  Bring the original identification with you to Human Resources in Melrose 109 to complete the I-9.
    • Student basic safety guidelines

Getting paid!

Now that you’ve got a job, you’ll look forward to receiving your paycheck!  Please note these important details.

  1. Record Your Time! Log into Paycom after you received the "Student Employment Referral Form - Ready to start work" email from the Payroll Coordinator 
  2. Supervisor Approval: Work-study hours for the current month must be signed off by your supervisor no later than the first business day of the following week. Please refer to the payroll calendar for more details. 
  3. Payday!  Payday is on the 5th of every month. If 5th falls on a Saturday, payday would be the Friday before; if 5th falls on a Sunday, payday would be the Monday after. 

Contact the Office of Human Resources (Melrose 109; 503-883-2594) or Steven Brogan (503-883-2309; if you need help or have additional questions.